North Andover Historical Society, Museum, and Historic Houses
Founded in 1913, the Society is headquartered at the Samuel Dale Stevens Memorial Building. This museum houses the Society's collection of early American furniture and changing exhibits in the Main Gallery; an extensive archive of historic documents, photographs, and maps; a book shop, and staff offices. The 1789 Johnson Cottage, adjacent to the museum, is the last surviving artisan's cottage in North Andover's Old Center. The Cottage shows the life of an average family in the 19th century. The 1715 Parson Barnard House is the Society's other historic house. Visitors will see furnishings that reflect the changes in lifestyle as experienced by four early inhabitants of the house from 1715 through 1830.
The society offers tours, lectures, workshops, research library access, and educational and recreational programs; the museums offer exhibits.