Gardner Museum of Architecture and Design [IL]
The Gardner Museum is a stone Romanesque Revival style building erected in 1888. It was designed by the Chicago architectural firm of Patton and Fisher and built with limestone supplied by the Frederick W. Menke Stone Works of Quincy. It presents exhibits related the history of local architecture and design. The second floor's large room, formerly the library reading room, has a tongue and groove wood vaulted ceiling. It now houses the "Aspirations in Glass" exhibit of stained glass windows saved from demolished churches.
The museum offers exhibits, research library access, and tours. Unfortunately, the museum is now closed due to lack of funding.