Seneca Falls Historical Society and Museum [NY]
The Society's Museum is located in a structure dating back to 1823. The building was part of a 10-acre estate with carriage house, tool shed, vineyard, garden, and orchard. The Mynderse Family lived there until 1875 when Mrs. Leroy Partridge purchased the house and began an extensive remodeling and updating that changed the two story dwelling into the three-story, 23-room, Queen Anne style home that stands today. The original Gothic Revival tool shed is now the "Bee Hive," a replica of a general store , located behind the house. Also located in the back yard is the Town Clock that was once on top of the Hoskins Block and moved to the grounds by Texaco Oil in October 1968. The first floor of the Museum shows a combination of the original furnishings of the house as the Partridge and Becker families lived here, as well as reproductions and decorations both complimentary to the time period and from historical events in Seneca Falls.
The society offers occasional recreational and educational events; the museum offers exhibits and research library access.