Billingsley House Museum [MD]
Billingsley House Museum is a brick Tidewater Colonial plantation house that sits on 430 acres overlooking the confluence of the Patuxent River and the Western Branch. The house and land were named for Major John Billingsley, the original 1662 land grant owner. Even though Major Billingsley never lived on the property and there have been 27 title adjustments over its long history, the name "Billingsley" remains. The present house was built around 1740 by the prominent Weems family on or very near the site of an older 1695 house built by Colonel James Hollyday, first Chief Justice of the Prince George's County Court.
The house offers tours.