Little Compton Historical Society and Wilbor House Museum [RI]
Wilbor House, the Society's headquarters, stands on land purchased from the Sakonnet Indians in 1673. Built by Samuel Wilbore in about 1690, the original house consisted of only two rooms, one above the other, and a cramped stairway and attic. It was typical of 17th-century New England. Today, one unusual feature of Wilbor House is that it spans three centuries and contains rooms representative of each.
The house offers tours and occasional recreational and educational events.