The Snyder Estate [NY]
The Century House, also known as the Snyder Estate, is the former home of Andrew Snyder, and was a small family farm until the discovery of natural cement in the region in 1825. The area experienced impressive industrial growth up to the 1970s, and was the United State's largest producer of cement during that time.
The estate offers guided tours of the Century House, Widow Jane Mine, and Cement Industry Museum. The estate also offers field trip programs, outreach programs, and special events. The website offers visitor information, a history of the estate, and information regarding upcoming events.