Oliver H. Kelley Farm [MN]
The Oliver H. Kelley Farm is a living history farm museum with heirloom crops and heritage animal breeds. Costumed interpreters depict life as it would have been between 1850 and 1876. Structures on-site include an Italianate farmhouse, the construction of which began in 1876; a root cellar; a chicken house; a machine shed; a barn; sheep, calf, and pig pens; and a corn crib. Heirloom gardens and a water pump are also accessible. The farm's original owner, Oliver Hudson Kelley (1826-1913), was a scientist-farmer and both founder and secretary of the Order of the Patrons of Husbandry, the Grange, a farmers' rights association later known as the National Grange. Oliver Kelley lived on site between 1850 and 1876.
The farm offers hands-on activities, self-guided tours, guided tours, nature trails, and grade-appropriate educational programs. The website offers historic photographs and a suggested reading list.